Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How To Make GLITTER Shoes





Has anybody else seen all the sparkly everything lately? Sparkly earrings, sweaters, tank tops, jeans, and SHOES! I wanted my own sparkly shoes! So, I decided from an old pair of dirty ballet flats I would make my own and I love them! Heres how:




You'll need some shoes made of any material but patent leather




You'll also need about 2 oz of glitter, Mod Podge (this stuff rocks!), and a paint or sponge brush. 




Begin by mixing together the glitter and Mod Podge. I think I did about equal parts of each. Then, brush the first coat on each shoe. 




I know it doesn't look like much yet. Just trust me.




After applying the first coat brush on the second




Go ahead and let them dry for about 20 minutes or so...





...and brush on the third



 


Let that dry for a couple of hours, and apply a coat of only Mod Podge to seal in your hard work



 

and repeat on the other shoe. (By now you can definitely tell that this is not a mess free project by my pictures...) Let your shoes dry completely. I let mine dry over night, and you are DONE! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment